Sunday, January 11, 2009

They grow up so fast...

Last night Aiyana was doing a little craft while I was putting AJ to sleep. She came in to show me her masterpiece. "Look Mommy, I made this for you! And I wrote my name. See, A-I-Y-A-N-A!"
OMG! She also wrote "AJ" on the bottom. I have been helping her write her letters for a while and she has been able to spell it out loud since she was 2, but she has never done her entire name without any guidance! I am so proud! Ok so the Y looked a little like a T and the N looked like a D... and she wrote it from the bottom up. SO WHAT!
We then worked on spelling from left to right and we did some work on her "N".
Aiyana just before her 1st birthday.


AJ has been cruising for a month, but yesterday he took 8 steps. Then he did it again and again. Today he walked more and then started climbing and reaching onto everything. No looking back now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go AJ, Go! Charlie's buddy is walking now too! Isn't it amazing how quickly they catch on, and can do in one day?

As for Aiyana--I have always known you have one smart cookie in Aiyana, but that smart cookie is also very sweet. That picture is absolutely priceless. Wow, she is a quick learner! How sweet of her to write AJ's name too.

AJ and Aiyana are the cutest kids---so, SO adorable. Boy, we sure do miss you.