Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Carnivorous goldfish?!

Aiyana was supposed to be doing her craft while I put AJ to sleep. I heard her chatting a little about feeding the fish but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes later Aiyana came into the room and said, "It like got all over the place. I was feeding the fish and the food, um, like got everywhere."

I went to investigate. I saw a full fish flake snowstorm, no, blizzard in the fish tank. The fish food was an inch thick on the bottom of the tank and it was continuing to fall. OK, deep breath. It didn't work. I needed another deep breath. I counted to 10. Flakes still falling. Aiyana was just looking at me with her wide open eyes filled with pure curiosity awaiting for my next move. I sent her to bed without our "special time". "Aiyana, man, now that I have to spend my evening cleaning the fish tank I won't be able to spend our extra special time together!" I had to clean the entire tank, filter and all.

So the next day we went to the pet store to buy a sucker fish to clean the algae and keep our lonely goldfish company. I guess she wasn't lonely. The fish only lasted 2 days. I just found small pieces of it in the tank. Who has ever heard of a mean goldfish?


While it was snowing in goldfishlandia, it was 75 degrees here today and we have been stuck at home with colds...Yuck! So, here are some photos I took over the summer.


We went for a walk on the waterfront downtown.


No comments: