Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year John Hopper!






Most everybody who knows us is aware that our camera was stolen from our truck at the end of the summer. What a bummer! I went through a normal grieving process: disbelief, anger, sadness, and then eventually I moved on. I bought a Canon Powershot to replace "my precious". ha

So the Powershot is a great point and shoot, but it doesn't have the fast shutter speed that the Canon Rebel had. Oh well it would do.
No, but wait, life in all its glory is full of surprises. We were enjoying our regular afternoon when Mr. John Hopper came to the door with a brown bag in hand.

He began to tell Rich his story of how he came across our cameras. He said, "I believe in karma and after I saw the photos of the babies I couldn't hold on to these!" He apologized for it taking so long to get them back to us. So weird!


All we could say was Thank you!!!! We were so grateful to have the cameras back after 4 months!


Here are a few of the photos I thought were gone forever.

The top 3 photos were from a family trip to Sea world. The picture of AJ is at Aiyana's outside preschool and the last photo of Aiyana is in the children's zoo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you......it leaves such a pit in your stomach to have things taken ...especially pictures.....

I love the picture of Aiyana sitting like Rich at Sea World......so cute!!!

I love happy endings!!!

Alliegatorfables said...

Wow! I hope something really good happens for this man. That is amazing that he brought them back.

Tonya Staab said...

I'm so glad that this thief had a conscience. Yay to now having your great camera back and also having a back-up, just in case ha ha.