Monday, December 1, 2008

Cuddles and Fairy princesses

It was 8pm and my babies were tucked in their beds. I turned on the tv to watch something while I did my evening mommy chores. Daddy was at work. I saw that the Disney premier of Tinkerbell was on. Then came the decision: do I let Aiyana get up and watch this? Will we make it to the outdoor classroom in the morning if I do? Will she make it through class without throwing a fit because she is so tired from staying up? She would really love it...it would be great to watch it with her. Oh, why not...so I called her out to the living room couch and asked her to bring a blanket. She was a little unsure about it at first. Asking questions like, " Mommy, why are you letting me watch Tinkerbell?"

We enjoyed watching the movie together. It was great 1-on-1 time! We rarely get that anymore. We cuddled and watched the fairies prepare for Spring. At the end of the movie, Aiyana told me she would rather be Tinkerbell. I said, well, if you are Tinkerbell then I won't have a daughter! She said, "Don't worry, Mommy, I'll be Tinkerbell then I will come right back." OK princess. That's ok.

So after that, she OF COURSE tucked in to bed and went right to sleep like a baby because she was so grateful that I let her get up to watch the movie about her favorite fairy princess.






HA! WRONG!! She came out of her room at least 10 times for a variety of reasons: potty, thirsty, "If I'm Tinkerbell I won't really fly", potty, "Tinkerbell can walk and fly", etc.

She finally fell asleep an hour later at 10:30pm! It was worth the bonding time. Another sweet day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

I love it........how sweet the special "Movie Night with Mom" time. It was on this afternoon too and we watched it too. It was a really cute movie.....I loved the fairy in glasses:)

Alliegatorfables said...

Hey April-I just added you on my list. Cute story and nice blog-new blogger!