Wednesday, June 17, 2009

STOP...



... and smell the roses... or whatever these are!

Lately I feel like I am in a hurry most of the time. In a hurry to get the grocery shopping over. In a hurry to get a quick shower, to feed the kids breakfast, to take the dog out, to get to karate, to bathe/read to and put the kids in bed. We made the choice that I would stay at home with our children so I wouldn't get a "hurried mother syndrome" with too much on my plate. Well, I feel that way anyway.

I think back to when Aiyana was a toddler. We would spend an hour every night reading book after book! We giggled and tickled and cuddled as as filled her little mind with information. It is definitely one of my favorite memories!

Bedtime nowadays is a little different. After dinner, the kids play in the bath for a few and then it is a scramble to get them both moisturized, dressed, and teeth brushed. When we read, AJ will interact with me for 1 or 2 books and then he is done. Then Aiyana wants to sit in my lap for her book. HA! AJ gets jealous and climbs all over the both us ...and the book. So, I end up reading through her story quickly and tucking them both in. I miss the days of relaxed evenings cuddling together and ignoring the dishes or the floor that needs to be mopped. I miss the days of long afternoon walks through the neighborhood Aiyana and I took in OB.

Well...

this summer I vow to STOP... and live in the moment. This summer I vow to STOP... and ignore time. This summer I vow to STOP... and find humor in everything. OK almost everything.
This summer I vow to STOP... and feel the sand between my toes!

No comments: