Thursday, April 9, 2009

Trip to Nike

This evening we took a trip to the Nike outlet at Las Americas. Both of the kids needed new shoes and Aiyana wanted "athletic warrior princess shoes". on the way there, I took the opportunity to practice phonics.
mom-Aiyana can you think of any words that begin with the letter "L"?
Aiyana took a few moments and then responded, "loading... loading begins with L!"

I was taken aback by her word. I asked her why she thought of the word loading and she told me it was because loading begins with "L". Of course!

Yaya- "letter, letter begins with L"

While we were there she walked over to a rack that had shorts and sports bra sets. "Look Mom! We can wear these when we shred!"

Me- Those are nice, but I have lots of exercise clothes.

A- No, for me Mom! Look, shorts and booby bras!

Me- Oh, honey you don't need a bra yet.

A- Why?

Daddy and the kids got some new kicks. It was a nice family outing. I really appreciate the time we all spend together even if it's just a trip to the store. Rich has been working so much to make sure I can stay home with the kiddos and those times are not as frequent as we would like.

No comments: