Monday, November 24, 2008

It does pay off in the end!


We got home from running errands the other day and it was time for Aiyana's nap. She did everything but nap. She was in her room for 3 hours playing with every toy she had. She, of course, did not put any of them away. So that bedroom was unbelievably messy. After 3 hours at 4pm, I told her resting time was over but she could not come out of her room until she cleaned up the mess. She played until 5:15 and just when my frustration was building I peaked in on her and she was singing "I can do it, I can do it" while she was putting her toys away. It took her a few minutes, but she put almost all of them away. She really gave it a strong effort.

It was a beautiful realization. Our children hear us. All of our efforts count. My baby is growing into a strong confident and capable young girl. Life can't be controlled. Even if it takes all day, Aiyana is going to go her own pace, but she will conquer in the end.

No comments: